Thursday, February 26, 2009

Farewell Circuit City

This will be short and sweet: Farewell Circuit City.

Just about every TV, camera, radio, cell phone, and gadget I've purchased in the last ten or more years came from your store in St. Petersburg. You had a great car audio garage, too. I stayed loyal to you when Best Buy moved in across the street. I'm a Mac user, so you didn't get my computer business, but I did get a printer from you. OK, I confess, I did buy my GPS online, but you still got most of my money. Sorry you couldn't cut it in this new, cutthroat business climate.

Bricks and mortar just aren't what they used to be. Throw in a sour economy and the writing was on the wall. You aren't the first to fall. You won't be the last. We all need to get used to this idea: Evolve or become extinct.

Feeling a little guilty, I did stop by to see what last deals you were offering. I think the vultures had already passed through. Shelves were pretty empty. I picked up the last Flip Mino video camera for a decent price (never know when another Macaca Moment will occur), a box of DVDs, too, but I resisted all the flat screen TVs that called my name.

Well, I did say short and sweet. Good luck to all of the employees now, or soon looking for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment