Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day One For My Blog

It's called Wilson Wonders. There were several other candidates for site names, but they were already taken. As it turns out, the "Wilson Wonders" blogspot URL is already taken, but that site hasn't been updated in years. Chances are you'll reach this blog via a redirecting URL (I do own wilsonwonders.com), a link from my central web page (still to come), Facebook, Twitter, or if you are really that interested, with some feed reader. In other words, no worries about the small details.

There is not particular meaning to the site's name. It is simply a place for me to begin my ventures into the online world. It isn't my first blog, nor will it be my only blog or web site. I simply wanted a place to hone my writing and online skills, while doing the least amount of damage. Something relatively personal like this seemed like a good place to start.

I don't plan to be especially controversial or provocative, but everyone has an opinion, and I realize it may differ from mine. If you don't like what you read, simply go away. If you want to comment, feel free, knowing I will aggressively moderate, and may simply not care to include your comments if I deem them disrespectful. I will pick my fights, and I don't intend for this blog to be where many of them occur.

Lastly, things may not post here in any linear fashion. One day, I'll talk about where I ate for lunch. The next day, I may post things from travel journals I wrote years ago. Like I said, this is an exercise for me. If it provides you with some small pleasure or useful information, I'll be gratified. If it doesn't, no worries! There are certainly enough blogs out there to satisfy every need.

So here I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment